Wednesday, November 7, 2012
The top turkeys will receive prizes that have been
generously donated by the Friends of the Hood River Library!
- Contest is open to everyone 18 and under.
- There is no entry fee.
- Feel free to color the turkey in any way you wish.
Top turkeys will be selected in the following age categories:
- Under 3 yrs old
- 3-5 yrs old
- 6-8 yrs old
- 9-11 yrs old
- 12 and older.
You can mail your entry to FISH Food Bank at 1767 W. 12th St. #147 Hood River, OR 97031. Your turkeys must be postmarked no later than Monday, November 12. You can also drop your turkey off at the Hood River News or the Hood River Library no later than 5:00 Monday, November 12.
Download the turkey below, color it, and return it for the chance to win!
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge