Wednesday, November 7, 2012
The top turkeys will receive prizes that have been
generously donated by the Friends of the Hood River Library!
- Contest is open to everyone 18 and under.
- There is no entry fee.
- Feel free to color the turkey in any way you wish.
Top turkeys will be selected in the following age categories:
- Under 3 yrs old
- 3-5 yrs old
- 6-8 yrs old
- 9-11 yrs old
- 12 and older.
You can mail your entry to FISH Food Bank at 1767 W. 12th St. #147 Hood River, OR 97031. Your turkeys must be postmarked no later than Monday, November 12. You can also drop your turkey off at the Hood River News or the Hood River Library no later than 5:00 Monday, November 12.
Download the turkey below, color it, and return it for the chance to win!
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge