Friday, November 9, 2012
The most competitive women in the Gorge invite the public to a “battle of the brains.”
The first pub trivia event with the Gorge Roller Girls will be Nov. 17 at Solera Brewery in Parkdale.
Anyone may participate; teams will be formed on site.
Proceeds will support the Gorge’s only skater-run Roller Derby league. Prizes will be awarded and there will be live music.
The event starts at 6 p.m., and the cost is $5 to play. The trivia will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Gorge Roller Girls are an expansion team of Rose City Rollers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
For details, go to:
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge