Friday, November 9, 2012
The most competitive women in the Gorge invite the public to a “battle of the brains.”
The first pub trivia event with the Gorge Roller Girls will be Nov. 17 at Solera Brewery in Parkdale.
Anyone may participate; teams will be formed on site.
Proceeds will support the Gorge’s only skater-run Roller Derby league. Prizes will be awarded and there will be live music.
The event starts at 6 p.m., and the cost is $5 to play. The trivia will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Gorge Roller Girls are an expansion team of Rose City Rollers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
For details, go to:
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge