Friday, November 9, 2012
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association presents the Cascade Quartet 7 p.m. Nov. 13, at the Calvary Baptist Church, 3350 Columbia View Drive, The Dalles.
Cascade Quartet is the resident string quartet of the Great Falls Symphony. They have an extensive repertoire spanning Mozart and Revel to Led Zeppelin and Brubeck. Their performances have high energy and excellent artistic quality.
All four members are graduates of internationally renowned music conservatories. In addition to this evening performance they will do and art and music educational outreach with local high school art classes.
Individual concert tickets are available at the door, Columbia River Music store and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles and at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River for $25. Single ticket prices may be applied to a season’s ticket for this and two more concerts.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge