Friday, November 9, 2012
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association presents the Cascade Quartet 7 p.m. Nov. 13, at the Calvary Baptist Church, 3350 Columbia View Drive, The Dalles.
Cascade Quartet is the resident string quartet of the Great Falls Symphony. They have an extensive repertoire spanning Mozart and Revel to Led Zeppelin and Brubeck. Their performances have high energy and excellent artistic quality.
All four members are graduates of internationally renowned music conservatories. In addition to this evening performance they will do and art and music educational outreach with local high school art classes.
Individual concert tickets are available at the door, Columbia River Music store and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles and at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River for $25. Single ticket prices may be applied to a season’s ticket for this and two more concerts.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge