Friday, November 9, 2012
Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts, during the Christmas holidays (Dec. 21-22 delivery), to low-income families in Hood River County.
Christmas Project is available to families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) standards, although they do not need to be receiving benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home. Christmas Project applications will be taken this year at these locations:
n Cascade Locks — FISH, Cascade Locks City Hall, 2-4 p.m. on Nov. 28,.
n Hood River — Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 30 and Dec. 7; and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 10, 17 and Dec. 1 and 8
n Parkdale — Parkdale Community Church during food bank hours (4-6 p.m.) on Nov. 12 and 26
n Odell — Odell food bank, 3440 Odell Highway, 4-6 p.m. on Nov. 15 and Dec. 6.
Applicants may sign up at whichever location is most convenient for them.
To contribute to the Christmas Project, checks may be mailed to PO Box 872, Hood River, OR 97031. All donations are tax-deductible (501 (c)(3) organization).
For more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153.
Details are also at www.hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge