Friday, November 9, 2012
Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts, during the Christmas holidays (Dec. 21-22 delivery), to low-income families in Hood River County.
Christmas Project is available to families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) standards, although they do not need to be receiving benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home. Christmas Project applications will be taken this year at these locations:
n Cascade Locks — FISH, Cascade Locks City Hall, 2-4 p.m. on Nov. 28,.
n Hood River — Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 30 and Dec. 7; and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 10, 17 and Dec. 1 and 8
n Parkdale — Parkdale Community Church during food bank hours (4-6 p.m.) on Nov. 12 and 26
n Odell — Odell food bank, 3440 Odell Highway, 4-6 p.m. on Nov. 15 and Dec. 6.
Applicants may sign up at whichever location is most convenient for them.
To contribute to the Christmas Project, checks may be mailed to PO Box 872, Hood River, OR 97031. All donations are tax-deductible (501 (c)(3) organization).
For more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153.
Details are also at www.hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge