Friday, November 9, 2012
Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts, during the Christmas holidays (Dec. 21-22 delivery), to low-income families in Hood River County.
Christmas Project is available to families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) standards, although they do not need to be receiving benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home. Christmas Project applications will be taken this year at these locations:
n Cascade Locks — FISH, Cascade Locks City Hall, 2-4 p.m. on Nov. 28,.
n Hood River — Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 30 and Dec. 7; and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 10, 17 and Dec. 1 and 8
n Parkdale — Parkdale Community Church during food bank hours (4-6 p.m.) on Nov. 12 and 26
n Odell — Odell food bank, 3440 Odell Highway, 4-6 p.m. on Nov. 15 and Dec. 6.
Applicants may sign up at whichever location is most convenient for them.
To contribute to the Christmas Project, checks may be mailed to PO Box 872, Hood River, OR 97031. All donations are tax-deductible (501 (c)(3) organization).
For more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153.
Details are also at www.hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge