Friday, November 9, 2012
Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts, during the Christmas holidays (Dec. 21-22 delivery), to low-income families in Hood River County.
Christmas Project is available to families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) standards, although they do not need to be receiving benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home. Christmas Project applications will be taken this year at these locations:
n Cascade Locks — FISH, Cascade Locks City Hall, 2-4 p.m. on Nov. 28,.
n Hood River — Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 30 and Dec. 7; and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 10, 17 and Dec. 1 and 8
n Parkdale — Parkdale Community Church during food bank hours (4-6 p.m.) on Nov. 12 and 26
n Odell — Odell food bank, 3440 Odell Highway, 4-6 p.m. on Nov. 15 and Dec. 6.
Applicants may sign up at whichever location is most convenient for them.
To contribute to the Christmas Project, checks may be mailed to PO Box 872, Hood River, OR 97031. All donations are tax-deductible (501 (c)(3) organization).
For more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153.
Details are also at www.hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge