Friday, November 9, 2012
Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets.
Everywhere else, the Hood River Garbage Service Transfer Station accepts organic debris at no charge on Wednesdays.
Disposal hours for city residents are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and Saturday, Nov. 12, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
The city will also accept drop-offs on Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (This is an addition to what was published in the Nov. 7 edition.)
Notes to remember:
n Leaves must not be raked into the gutter as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding. This is a violation of the Hood River Municipal Code.
n Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City. The Hood River Transfer Station at 3440 Guignard Road (541-386-4676) will accept this type of debris. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free every Wednesday.
n If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge