Friday, November 9, 2012
Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets.
Everywhere else, the Hood River Garbage Service Transfer Station accepts organic debris at no charge on Wednesdays.
Disposal hours for city residents are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and Saturday, Nov. 12, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
The city will also accept drop-offs on Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (This is an addition to what was published in the Nov. 7 edition.)
Notes to remember:
n Leaves must not be raked into the gutter as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding. This is a violation of the Hood River Municipal Code.
n Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City. The Hood River Transfer Station at 3440 Guignard Road (541-386-4676) will accept this type of debris. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free every Wednesday.
n If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge