Friday, November 9, 2012
The Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!), a nonprofit business network focused on promoting local ownership and sustainability, is encouraging Gorge residents to shop locally this holiday season — and offering incentives to do so.
From Nov. 15 to Jan. 1, customers that make three purchases totaling $50 at locally owned businesses or with local nonprofits in the five counties of the Gorge can enter the “GO! Local Challenge” and be entered to win raffle prizes donated by participating businesses. Customers must fill out an online form, which can be found at www.gorgeowned.org/local.
“If we shift our spending from national chain stores to neighborhood shops, we’re keeping people employed, building connections among neighbors, and boosting the local economy — not to mention, avoiding traffic, parking fees and fuel costs,” said Becky Brun, Founder and Director of Gorge Owned Business Network.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge