Friday, November 9, 2012
The Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!), a nonprofit business network focused on promoting local ownership and sustainability, is encouraging Gorge residents to shop locally this holiday season — and offering incentives to do so.
From Nov. 15 to Jan. 1, customers that make three purchases totaling $50 at locally owned businesses or with local nonprofits in the five counties of the Gorge can enter the “GO! Local Challenge” and be entered to win raffle prizes donated by participating businesses. Customers must fill out an online form, which can be found at www.gorgeowned.org/local.
“If we shift our spending from national chain stores to neighborhood shops, we’re keeping people employed, building connections among neighbors, and boosting the local economy — not to mention, avoiding traffic, parking fees and fuel costs,” said Becky Brun, Founder and Director of Gorge Owned Business Network.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge