Friday, November 9, 2012
The Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!), a nonprofit business network focused on promoting local ownership and sustainability, is encouraging Gorge residents to shop locally this holiday season — and offering incentives to do so.
From Nov. 15 to Jan. 1, customers that make three purchases totaling $50 at locally owned businesses or with local nonprofits in the five counties of the Gorge can enter the “GO! Local Challenge” and be entered to win raffle prizes donated by participating businesses. Customers must fill out an online form, which can be found at www.gorgeowned.org/local.
“If we shift our spending from national chain stores to neighborhood shops, we’re keeping people employed, building connections among neighbors, and boosting the local economy — not to mention, avoiding traffic, parking fees and fuel costs,” said Becky Brun, Founder and Director of Gorge Owned Business Network.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge