Friday, November 9, 2012
The Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!), a nonprofit business network focused on promoting local ownership and sustainability, is encouraging Gorge residents to shop locally this holiday season — and offering incentives to do so.
From Nov. 15 to Jan. 1, customers that make three purchases totaling $50 at locally owned businesses or with local nonprofits in the five counties of the Gorge can enter the “GO! Local Challenge” and be entered to win raffle prizes donated by participating businesses. Customers must fill out an online form, which can be found at www.gorgeowned.org/local.
“If we shift our spending from national chain stores to neighborhood shops, we’re keeping people employed, building connections among neighbors, and boosting the local economy — not to mention, avoiding traffic, parking fees and fuel costs,” said Becky Brun, Founder and Director of Gorge Owned Business Network.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge