Friday, November 9, 2012
The Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!), a nonprofit business network focused on promoting local ownership and sustainability, is encouraging Gorge residents to shop locally this holiday season — and offering incentives to do so.
From Nov. 15 to Jan. 1, customers that make three purchases totaling $50 at locally owned businesses or with local nonprofits in the five counties of the Gorge can enter the “GO! Local Challenge” and be entered to win raffle prizes donated by participating businesses. Customers must fill out an online form, which can be found at www.gorgeowned.org/local.
“If we shift our spending from national chain stores to neighborhood shops, we’re keeping people employed, building connections among neighbors, and boosting the local economy — not to mention, avoiding traffic, parking fees and fuel costs,” said Becky Brun, Founder and Director of Gorge Owned Business Network.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays