Friday, November 9, 2012
Do you have leftover paint, chemicals and batteries piling up in your garage? Bring those leftovers to one of two free household hazardous waste collection events next weekend.
The events, sponsored by Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program, will be held Nov. 16-17 in Hood River and The Dalles, respectively.
Friday’s event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hood River Garbage Service Transfer Station, 3440 Guignard Drive. Saturday’s event will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Dalles Disposal, 1317 W. First St.
The program will accept unwanted lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, oil and latex paints, oil-based stains and solvents, spray paint, pool and spa chemicals, fluorescent tubes and CFL bulbs, propane tanks, household cleaners, batteries (lithium, NiCad, alkaline) and fire extinguishers.
Small businesses may also bring their hazardous waste to the event, but they must pre-register. Businesses can download registration forms online at tricountyrecycle.com from the Hazardous Waste page under “Manage my Materials.”
Agriculture chemical waste will not be accepted at this event.
Don’t miss these free events for households and small businesses. The next household and small business hazardous waste collection events will be held Feb. 15 and 16.
For more information visit tricountyrecycle.com or call 541-506-2636.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Updated: Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge