Friday, November 9, 2012
In Nov. 6 Hood River County Elections results, Mark Johnson and Greg Walden trailed in voting in their own communities but won re-election in their districts in voting Nov. 6.
Turn to page A3 for a full list of election results.
Kate McBride received the most votes in Hood River Council voting, Mark Zanmiller was a close second and fellow incumbent Laurent Picard has a slim four-point lead over Nikki Hollatz. The vote was for the top three of four candidates. (Details below.) Cascade Locks will see two new faces on Council, and a new mayor in Tom Cramblett, who defeated incumbent Lance Masters by a wide margin.
Cramblett is a city council member, meaning the council must now appoint someone to his position.
Hood River Mayor Arthur Babitz and Hood River County Board of Commissioners Ron Rivers (chairman), Maui Meyer and Les Perkins were all re-elected in unopposed races.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control