Friday, November 9, 2012
In Nov. 6 Hood River County Elections results, Mark Johnson and Greg Walden trailed in voting in their own communities but won re-election in their districts in voting Nov. 6.
Turn to page A3 for a full list of election results.
Kate McBride received the most votes in Hood River Council voting, Mark Zanmiller was a close second and fellow incumbent Laurent Picard has a slim four-point lead over Nikki Hollatz. The vote was for the top three of four candidates. (Details below.) Cascade Locks will see two new faces on Council, and a new mayor in Tom Cramblett, who defeated incumbent Lance Masters by a wide margin.
Cramblett is a city council member, meaning the council must now appoint someone to his position.
Hood River Mayor Arthur Babitz and Hood River County Board of Commissioners Ron Rivers (chairman), Maui Meyer and Les Perkins were all re-elected in unopposed races.
More like this story
- Election Results — Johnson, Walden prevail Local Option passes by wide margin; Cramblett wins Cascade Locks Mayor race
- Walden and Johnson re-elected; CL write-ins could affect city races
- Unofficial election results for Hood River County
- Seven people file to run for HR Council
- Blackburn voted Hood River Mayor
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge