Friday, November 9, 2012
In Nov. 6 Hood River County Elections results, Mark Johnson and Greg Walden trailed in voting in their own communities but won re-election in their districts in voting Nov. 6.
Turn to page A3 for a full list of election results.
Kate McBride received the most votes in Hood River Council voting, Mark Zanmiller was a close second and fellow incumbent Laurent Picard has a slim four-point lead over Nikki Hollatz. The vote was for the top three of four candidates. (Details below.) Cascade Locks will see two new faces on Council, and a new mayor in Tom Cramblett, who defeated incumbent Lance Masters by a wide margin.
Cramblett is a city council member, meaning the council must now appoint someone to his position.
Hood River Mayor Arthur Babitz and Hood River County Board of Commissioners Ron Rivers (chairman), Maui Meyer and Les Perkins were all re-elected in unopposed races.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge