Friday, November 9, 2012
In Nov. 6 Hood River County Elections results, Mark Johnson and Greg Walden trailed in voting in their own communities but won re-election in their districts in voting Nov. 6.
Turn to page A3 for a full list of election results.
Kate McBride received the most votes in Hood River Council voting, Mark Zanmiller was a close second and fellow incumbent Laurent Picard has a slim four-point lead over Nikki Hollatz. The vote was for the top three of four candidates. (Details below.) Cascade Locks will see two new faces on Council, and a new mayor in Tom Cramblett, who defeated incumbent Lance Masters by a wide margin.
Cramblett is a city council member, meaning the council must now appoint someone to his position.
Hood River Mayor Arthur Babitz and Hood River County Board of Commissioners Ron Rivers (chairman), Maui Meyer and Les Perkins were all re-elected in unopposed races.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge