Friday, November 9, 2012
The Hood River Valley High School Music Department will present “Legally Blonde-The Musical” Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend and next with high-energy antics and rollicking dance numbers.
Ticket sales for the show are the only significant fundraiser for the HRVHS Chamber Singer tour to Ireland in March 2013. All the profits from the show will go directly to the participating students.
Matinees and evening shows are: Nov. 9, 10, 16, 17 at 7 p.m. and Nov. 10, 11 and 17 at 1:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the door, at Waucoma Bookstore or online at showtix4u.com (type in HRVHS to search).
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge