Friday, November 9, 2012
The Hood River Valley High School Music Department will present “Legally Blonde-The Musical” Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend and next with high-energy antics and rollicking dance numbers.
Ticket sales for the show are the only significant fundraiser for the HRVHS Chamber Singer tour to Ireland in March 2013. All the profits from the show will go directly to the participating students.
Matinees and evening shows are: Nov. 9, 10, 16, 17 at 7 p.m. and Nov. 10, 11 and 17 at 1:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the door, at Waucoma Bookstore or online at showtix4u.com (type in HRVHS to search).
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge