Friday, November 9, 2012
The Harmony of the Gorge chorus presents its annual musical show, “Radio Daze,” on Saturday, Nov. 17, at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River. The comedy takes place on a day in the life of a rogue radio station as it might have been in 1947.
The Tualatin Valley Harmony Masters men’s chorus will also be featured on the show with their vaudeville act.
Attendees will become a “live studio audience,” cued for applause, laughter or boos. The audience can also join in a sing-along if they wish by trying to stump accordionist Carol Bales with a song she doesn’t know.
There will be a matinee at 2:30 p.m. and an evening show at 7 p.m. Tickets bought in advance are discounted by $2. Regular ticket prices are $10 adult, $8 senior and $8 children. Tickets are available at Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Postal Connection in White Salmon, or from any Harmony of the Gorge member.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge