Friday, November 9, 2012
The Harmony of the Gorge chorus presents its annual musical show, “Radio Daze,” on Saturday, Nov. 17, at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River. The comedy takes place on a day in the life of a rogue radio station as it might have been in 1947.
The Tualatin Valley Harmony Masters men’s chorus will also be featured on the show with their vaudeville act.
Attendees will become a “live studio audience,” cued for applause, laughter or boos. The audience can also join in a sing-along if they wish by trying to stump accordionist Carol Bales with a song she doesn’t know.
There will be a matinee at 2:30 p.m. and an evening show at 7 p.m. Tickets bought in advance are discounted by $2. Regular ticket prices are $10 adult, $8 senior and $8 children. Tickets are available at Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Postal Connection in White Salmon, or from any Harmony of the Gorge member.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge