Friday, November 9, 2012
The Harmony of the Gorge chorus presents its annual musical show, “Radio Daze,” on Saturday, Nov. 17, at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River. The comedy takes place on a day in the life of a rogue radio station as it might have been in 1947.
The Tualatin Valley Harmony Masters men’s chorus will also be featured on the show with their vaudeville act.
Attendees will become a “live studio audience,” cued for applause, laughter or boos. The audience can also join in a sing-along if they wish by trying to stump accordionist Carol Bales with a song she doesn’t know.
There will be a matinee at 2:30 p.m. and an evening show at 7 p.m. Tickets bought in advance are discounted by $2. Regular ticket prices are $10 adult, $8 senior and $8 children. Tickets are available at Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Postal Connection in White Salmon, or from any Harmony of the Gorge member.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge