Friday, November 9, 2012
Alternative energy enthusiasts can plan on an interesting afternoon of films and fundraising, Nov. 18 at the Columbia Center for the Arts.
The Delta Energy Club, a student club at Columbia Gorge Community College, will host a free renewable energy film festival, an art auction and a chance to win a 6-by-8 greenhouse.
Three films will be shown: “Unlimited: Renewable Energy in the 21st Century” at 2 p.m., “Here Comes the Sun” at 3:25 p.m. and “Cape Spin: An American Power Struggle” at 4:30 p.m.
“Unlimited” is an introduction to renewable energy and sustainable design, through the eyes of a sixth- grader. “Here Comes the Sun” is a look at solar power. “Cape Spin” dives into the Cape Wind project proposed for the Nantucket Sound, explaining two points of view in an unbiased approach.
Proceeds from the event will help fund the students’ trip to a national wind energy conference in June 2013.
Delta Energy Club is committed to raising awareness about clean energy in the Northwest. Through local events, the students encourage conversations about renewable energy and its growing impact on the world.
Community members are invited to attend the screenings of the films and meet the Delta Energy Club members, including students in the Renewable Energy Technology program and others interested in clean energy.
For more information visit www.deltaenergy-club.com.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge