Friday, November 9, 2012
An event that has become a defining Hood River tradition, the annual Gala Fashion Show for the Hood River County Christmas Project, returns Nov. 16 for the 16th year.
This year again the venue will be the Gorge Room at Best Western Hood River Inn.
Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show begins at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20; available at merchants listed below.
Front row and second row seating is available for $75 and $50. Call Cathy Carter at 541-490-2368.
Founder and organizer Carter said, “There are some cool new things for this year.”
n A Shopping Boulevard after the show. Many stores will have clothing for sale in a special aisle of the hotel.
On sale will be everything from what you see on the runway to special items brought in for this event; special discounts apply.
n Special runway segment with kids wearing their own designs from duct tape, courtesy of Future Fashionistas, a camp put on by the Hood River Valley High School fashion club.
After the show there will be dancing in the CEBU Lounge, and areas opened up in Riverside restaurant to accommodate gala attendees.
Participating merchants are Flow Yoga, Enchanted Alpaca, Lucy’s Informal Flowers, 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, HRVHS High School Future Fashionistas, Salon Visio, bunny+pear, CAbi, Kerrits, Foundation 45, Sam Rodgers, The Trunk show.
Carter gave special thanks to Insitu and Pistil for their support of the gala.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 24: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge