Friday, November 9, 2012
‘Hawks Madness’ Nov. 16
Horizon Christian School is hosting 2012 Hawks Basketball Madness on Friday, Nov. 16, at the school gymnasium.
Admission to the event is free. The first 100 spectators who bring two cans of food — as a donation to the local FISH food bank — will receive a commemorative T-shirt.
The event begins at 7 p.m. and the schedule includes: short scrimmage games by the high school varsity teams, including the Hawks’ boys team which won last year’s Class 1A state championship; mini games involving local grade school players; and three-point and other shooting contests for fans and players.
For information call the school at 541-387-3200.
‘Intro to wrestling camp’ begins Nov. 13
A five session Community Education Intro to Wrestling camp begins Nov. 13 and will run for five Tuesdays through Dec. 11. The camp will run from 6-7 p.m. each night at the HRVHS wrestling room. Previous camp participants are encouraged to attend as well as new participants to wrestling. This camp focuses on fun and fundamentals. Athletes will be split up by weight and age. Each participant will receive a T-shirt. Socks or wrestling shoes will be required. Goals include: have fun, teach basic championship technique, encourage exercise, teach sportsmanship on and off the mat. Parents are welcome to observe. The age limit is kindergarten through fifth-grade. Cost for the camp is $35.
More info may be found at tinyurl.com/wrestlehr
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge