Friday, November 9, 2012
‘Hawks Madness’ Nov. 16
Horizon Christian School is hosting 2012 Hawks Basketball Madness on Friday, Nov. 16, at the school gymnasium.
Admission to the event is free. The first 100 spectators who bring two cans of food — as a donation to the local FISH food bank — will receive a commemorative T-shirt.
The event begins at 7 p.m. and the schedule includes: short scrimmage games by the high school varsity teams, including the Hawks’ boys team which won last year’s Class 1A state championship; mini games involving local grade school players; and three-point and other shooting contests for fans and players.
For information call the school at 541-387-3200.
‘Intro to wrestling camp’ begins Nov. 13
A five session Community Education Intro to Wrestling camp begins Nov. 13 and will run for five Tuesdays through Dec. 11. The camp will run from 6-7 p.m. each night at the HRVHS wrestling room. Previous camp participants are encouraged to attend as well as new participants to wrestling. This camp focuses on fun and fundamentals. Athletes will be split up by weight and age. Each participant will receive a T-shirt. Socks or wrestling shoes will be required. Goals include: have fun, teach basic championship technique, encourage exercise, teach sportsmanship on and off the mat. Parents are welcome to observe. The age limit is kindergarten through fifth-grade. Cost for the camp is $35.
More info may be found at tinyurl.com/wrestlehr
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge