Friday, November 9, 2012
Grammy Award winners Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel are back by popular demand. The duo is universally known for the perfect blend of Americana fingerstyle guitar, double reeds and ocarina.
With 19 recordings to their name and over 25 years of musical synchronicity, Eric and Nancy bring their magic back to the Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center on Saturday, Nov. 10, at 8 p.m. for a fun filled evening. Tickets are $15 available at www.box office tickets.com. The concert is presented by the The Skamania Performing Arts Foundation.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge