Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets.
Disposal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and Saturday, Nov. 12, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and until December. Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City, but Hood River Transfer Station will. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free on Wednesdays. If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge