Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The first pub trivia event with the Gorge Roller Girls will be Nov. 17 at Solera Brewery in Parkdale.
Anyone may participate; teams will be formed on site.
Proceeds will support the Gorge’s only skater-run Roller Derby league. Prizes will be awarded and there will be live music.
The event starts at 6 p.m., and the cost is $5 to play.
The trivia will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Gorge Roller Girls are an expansion team of Rose City Rollers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Team members hail from Hood River and the Gorge.
For details, go to:
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge