Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The first pub trivia event with the Gorge Roller Girls will be Nov. 17 at Solera Brewery in Parkdale.
Anyone may participate; teams will be formed on site.
Proceeds will support the Gorge’s only skater-run Roller Derby league. Prizes will be awarded and there will be live music.
The event starts at 6 p.m., and the cost is $5 to play.
The trivia will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Gorge Roller Girls are an expansion team of Rose City Rollers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Team members hail from Hood River and the Gorge.
For details, go to:
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge