Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Soroptimist International of Mt. Adams is hosting its eighth-annual pre-holiday “shopping extravaganza” on Saturday, Nov. 24, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room.
The event will feature Gorge and Portland area artisans exhibiting holiday gift items of jewelry, metal art, alpaca garments, pottery, glassware, paintings, cards and more.
“We’re excited to be back for our eighth year and really appreciate the artisans. Their beautiful items are just fantastic and made with such creativity and quality. Each year just keeps growing and getting better,” said Ginger Swanson, event coordinator.
The artisans also donate 10 percent of their sales, as well as items for a drawing at the end of the day, to Soroptimist of Mt. Adams.
More like this story
- Fire near Eagle Creek flares back up
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge