Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Soroptimist International of Mt. Adams is hosting its eighth-annual pre-holiday “shopping extravaganza” on Saturday, Nov. 24, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room.
The event will feature Gorge and Portland area artisans exhibiting holiday gift items of jewelry, metal art, alpaca garments, pottery, glassware, paintings, cards and more.
“We’re excited to be back for our eighth year and really appreciate the artisans. Their beautiful items are just fantastic and made with such creativity and quality. Each year just keeps growing and getting better,” said Ginger Swanson, event coordinator.
The artisans also donate 10 percent of their sales, as well as items for a drawing at the end of the day, to Soroptimist of Mt. Adams.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge