Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Soroptimist International of Mt. Adams is hosting its eighth-annual pre-holiday “shopping extravaganza” on Saturday, Nov. 24, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room.
The event will feature Gorge and Portland area artisans exhibiting holiday gift items of jewelry, metal art, alpaca garments, pottery, glassware, paintings, cards and more.
“We’re excited to be back for our eighth year and really appreciate the artisans. Their beautiful items are just fantastic and made with such creativity and quality. Each year just keeps growing and getting better,” said Ginger Swanson, event coordinator.
The artisans also donate 10 percent of their sales, as well as items for a drawing at the end of the day, to Soroptimist of Mt. Adams.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge