Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Judith Crowder, Richard Enos and Tasha of The Dalles write:
“This letter of thanks is belated; however, not one day has gone by that my husband and I have not been grateful to the staff and owner of Cascade Pet Camp and Nelson Tire.
Our van gave out just as we pulled into the parking lot at Cascade Pet Camp to pick up our beloved Tasha after a trip into Portland to take my husband to the VA Clinic.
Nelson Tire came out and gave us the bad news about the transmission. He suggested we have it towed to The Dalles Transmission. The staff and owner of Cascade Pet Camp took good care of us until all the arrangements were made, once that was done Jenny, the owner of the Pet Camp, gave us a ride home to The Dalles along with all our Costco purchases.
We are very grateful to all.”
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge