Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Wasco County 9-1-1 is implementing the Citizen Alert system to provide emergency messages to Wasco County residents by telephone, text and email. All published land line phones are automatically in the system, but cellphones, unpublished, unlisted numbers and emails are not.
Wasco County residents are encouraged to visit www.co.wasco.or.us and click on the Citizen Alert Notification Sign-Up button to register for emergency messages.
Registration is an online process through the Everbridge Corporation and all information provided is maintained by that company. Information provided is maintained by that company. Information provided through the registration process is securely maintained and will not be sold or used for any purpose other than providing emergency messages.
Residents can also sign up for non-emergency informational alerts that may be issued by local authorities. Available alerts include local law enforcement, Mid-Columbia fire and rescue, public health, road and street closures and utility alerts. Residents can choose to register for one, or all, of the non-emergency message options.
For details call Jeanne Pesicka at 541-506-2760 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge