Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Wasco County 9-1-1 is implementing the Citizen Alert system to provide emergency messages to Wasco County residents by telephone, text and email. All published land line phones are automatically in the system, but cellphones, unpublished, unlisted numbers and emails are not.
Wasco County residents are encouraged to visit www.co.wasco.or.us and click on the Citizen Alert Notification Sign-Up button to register for emergency messages.
Registration is an online process through the Everbridge Corporation and all information provided is maintained by that company. Information provided is maintained by that company. Information provided through the registration process is securely maintained and will not be sold or used for any purpose other than providing emergency messages.
Residents can also sign up for non-emergency informational alerts that may be issued by local authorities. Available alerts include local law enforcement, Mid-Columbia fire and rescue, public health, road and street closures and utility alerts. Residents can choose to register for one, or all, of the non-emergency message options.
For details call Jeanne Pesicka at 541-506-2760 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge