Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Wasco County 9-1-1 is implementing the Citizen Alert system to provide emergency messages to Wasco County residents by telephone, text and email. All published land line phones are automatically in the system, but cellphones, unpublished, unlisted numbers and emails are not.
Wasco County residents are encouraged to visit www.co.wasco.or.us and click on the Citizen Alert Notification Sign-Up button to register for emergency messages.
Registration is an online process through the Everbridge Corporation and all information provided is maintained by that company. Information provided is maintained by that company. Information provided through the registration process is securely maintained and will not be sold or used for any purpose other than providing emergency messages.
Residents can also sign up for non-emergency informational alerts that may be issued by local authorities. Available alerts include local law enforcement, Mid-Columbia fire and rescue, public health, road and street closures and utility alerts. Residents can choose to register for one, or all, of the non-emergency message options.
For details call Jeanne Pesicka at 541-506-2760 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge