Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Bongo Love brings their infectious, “Afrocoustic” sound to Hood River, Nov 23-28 for 2 performances and a series of classes in African Choral singing, marimba, and guitar. Performances: Nov. 23, 7:30-10:30 p.m. at Double Mt Brewery and Nov. 24, 7-10 p.m. at Naked Winery. Admission to both shows is free. Workshops ($18 each) will be held at Musango Marimba Center Nov. 25, 1-2:30 p.m., African Choral Singing Workshop; Nov. 25, 3-4:30 p.m., Afrojazz Intermediate Guitar Workshop; and Nov. 26, 6:30-8 p.m., Beginning or Intermediate Marimba. For registration contact Karin Tauscher at 541-490-0140.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge