Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Bongo Love brings their infectious, “Afrocoustic” sound to Hood River, Nov 23-28 for 2 performances and a series of classes in African Choral singing, marimba, and guitar. Performances: Nov. 23, 7:30-10:30 p.m. at Double Mt Brewery and Nov. 24, 7-10 p.m. at Naked Winery. Admission to both shows is free. Workshops ($18 each) will be held at Musango Marimba Center Nov. 25, 1-2:30 p.m., African Choral Singing Workshop; Nov. 25, 3-4:30 p.m., Afrojazz Intermediate Guitar Workshop; and Nov. 26, 6:30-8 p.m., Beginning or Intermediate Marimba. For registration contact Karin Tauscher at 541-490-0140.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge