Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Bongo Love brings their infectious, “Afrocoustic” sound to Hood River, Nov 23-28 for 2 performances and a series of classes in African Choral singing, marimba, and guitar. Performances: Nov. 23, 7:30-10:30 p.m. at Double Mt Brewery and Nov. 24, 7-10 p.m. at Naked Winery. Admission to both shows is free. Workshops ($18 each) will be held at Musango Marimba Center Nov. 25, 1-2:30 p.m., African Choral Singing Workshop; Nov. 25, 3-4:30 p.m., Afrojazz Intermediate Guitar Workshop; and Nov. 26, 6:30-8 p.m., Beginning or Intermediate Marimba. For registration contact Karin Tauscher at 541-490-0140.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge