Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Gov. John Kitzhaber last week ordered all flags at public institutions to be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, in honor of Captain James Nehl.
“Capt. Nehl was a dedicated leader serving his country,” said Governor Kitzhaber. “His commitment to his nation is inspiring, yet his death is a tragic loss and a reminder of the burden our military and their families continue to bear. He will be missed, and I ask that all Oregonians pause to honor his sacrifice.”
Nehl, 37, of Gardiner, Oregon, died Nov. 9 while conducting combat operations in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kansas.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events