Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Heading into the playoffs, The Dalles and Indian Outlaws are locked in a 10-1 tie for the lead in Gorge Hoops League.
The Dalles defeated Indian Outlaws 77 – 55 on Sunday.
The stage is now set for the playoffs. Quarter-finals will be Dec. 2, starting at 3:45 p.m. with Hood River’s Fury going against Sarsfield Cattle of Goldendale. At 5 p.m., Hood River teams Pee Wee’s Auto Detail and Low End Theory face off.
The semi finals will be Dec, 8 and the final game will be at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 9. All games are at Wahtonka Gym in The Dalles. (No action on Nov. 25.)
Low End Theory 73 - H.R. Wolfpack 45
River Monsters 136 - Trout Lake 104
Sarsfield Cattle 83 - Pee Wees Auto Detail 72
Fury 127 - Lucky 13 65
The Duty Shoots 75 - Run & Gun 66
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge