Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Heading into the playoffs, The Dalles and Indian Outlaws are locked in a 10-1 tie for the lead in Gorge Hoops League.
The Dalles defeated Indian Outlaws 77 – 55 on Sunday.
The stage is now set for the playoffs. Quarter-finals will be Dec. 2, starting at 3:45 p.m. with Hood River’s Fury going against Sarsfield Cattle of Goldendale. At 5 p.m., Hood River teams Pee Wee’s Auto Detail and Low End Theory face off.
The semi finals will be Dec, 8 and the final game will be at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 9. All games are at Wahtonka Gym in The Dalles. (No action on Nov. 25.)
Low End Theory 73 - H.R. Wolfpack 45
River Monsters 136 - Trout Lake 104
Sarsfield Cattle 83 - Pee Wees Auto Detail 72
Fury 127 - Lucky 13 65
The Duty Shoots 75 - Run & Gun 66
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge