Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Heading into the playoffs, The Dalles and Indian Outlaws are locked in a 10-1 tie for the lead in Gorge Hoops League.
The Dalles defeated Indian Outlaws 77 – 55 on Sunday.
The stage is now set for the playoffs. Quarter-finals will be Dec. 2, starting at 3:45 p.m. with Hood River’s Fury going against Sarsfield Cattle of Goldendale. At 5 p.m., Hood River teams Pee Wee’s Auto Detail and Low End Theory face off.
The semi finals will be Dec, 8 and the final game will be at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 9. All games are at Wahtonka Gym in The Dalles. (No action on Nov. 25.)
Low End Theory 73 - H.R. Wolfpack 45
River Monsters 136 - Trout Lake 104
Sarsfield Cattle 83 - Pee Wees Auto Detail 72
Fury 127 - Lucky 13 65
The Duty Shoots 75 - Run & Gun 66
More like this story
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
- Puff Factory to break ground in Odell
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge