Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Hood River county election results are not yet certified as the county elections department works to balance its ballot count, but the results appear to be largely set.
In the closest race of the election cycle, Hood River City Councilor Laurent Picard extended his narrow lead over challenger Nikki Hollatz by one vote.
After the election day count, Picard led Hollatz by four votes. He now leads by five, 1, 159 to 1,154. Picard attracted 21. 15 percent of the votes while Hollatz drew 21.06.
No other races were likely to affected by outstanding ballots on election day.
While the results have not been certified, county elections supervisor said the results “were not likely to change very much.”
The other city councilors from Hood River will be mayor Arthur Babitz, Mark Zanmiller, Kate McBride, Ed Weathers and Carrie Nelsen and Brian McNamara.
See hoodrivernews.com for a full list of results from the Nov. 6 general election.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge