Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Hood River county election results are not yet certified as the county elections department works to balance its ballot count, but the results appear to be largely set.
In the closest race of the election cycle, Hood River City Councilor Laurent Picard extended his narrow lead over challenger Nikki Hollatz by one vote.
After the election day count, Picard led Hollatz by four votes. He now leads by five, 1, 159 to 1,154. Picard attracted 21. 15 percent of the votes while Hollatz drew 21.06.
No other races were likely to affected by outstanding ballots on election day.
While the results have not been certified, county elections supervisor said the results “were not likely to change very much.”
The other city councilors from Hood River will be mayor Arthur Babitz, Mark Zanmiller, Kate McBride, Ed Weathers and Carrie Nelsen and Brian McNamara.
See hoodrivernews.com for a full list of results from the Nov. 6 general election.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge