Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Hood River county election results are not yet certified as the county elections department works to balance its ballot count, but the results appear to be largely set.
In the closest race of the election cycle, Hood River City Councilor Laurent Picard extended his narrow lead over challenger Nikki Hollatz by one vote.
After the election day count, Picard led Hollatz by four votes. He now leads by five, 1, 159 to 1,154. Picard attracted 21. 15 percent of the votes while Hollatz drew 21.06.
No other races were likely to affected by outstanding ballots on election day.
While the results have not been certified, county elections supervisor said the results “were not likely to change very much.”
The other city councilors from Hood River will be mayor Arthur Babitz, Mark Zanmiller, Kate McBride, Ed Weathers and Carrie Nelsen and Brian McNamara.
See hoodrivernews.com for a full list of results from the Nov. 6 general election.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- Sports briefs for June 28
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge