Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Hood River county election results are not yet certified as the county elections department works to balance its ballot count, but the results appear to be largely set.
In the closest race of the election cycle, Hood River City Councilor Laurent Picard extended his narrow lead over challenger Nikki Hollatz by one vote.
After the election day count, Picard led Hollatz by four votes. He now leads by five, 1, 159 to 1,154. Picard attracted 21. 15 percent of the votes while Hollatz drew 21.06.
No other races were likely to affected by outstanding ballots on election day.
While the results have not been certified, county elections supervisor said the results “were not likely to change very much.”
The other city councilors from Hood River will be mayor Arthur Babitz, Mark Zanmiller, Kate McBride, Ed Weathers and Carrie Nelsen and Brian McNamara.
See hoodrivernews.com for a full list of results from the Nov. 6 general election.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge