Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Turkey Trot Thursday
The annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot fun run/walk starts at 10 a.m. Nov. 22 from the Hood River side of the Twin Tunnels trail. Courses are 12k, 5k and a new 3k distance; a 200 meter kids run (free) will get the action started at 9:45 a.m. Entry fees for the run are $5 for under 18, $10 for adults or $25 for families. Proceeds benefit Mosier schools.
Box lacrosse leagues forming
Middle school boys lacrosse players are being recruited for an indoor league that will play Monday evenings starting Nov. 26 at a new indoor facility at The Dalles Fitness and Court Club. Interested players will have a chance to try indoor lacrosse at an introductory session hosted by Hood River Valley High School head coach John Munk at 6 p.m. Nov. 23 ($8 entry fee).
To register or for more information contact Cory Roeseler at email@example.com.
Sign up for CSRT Camp
Cooper Spur Race Team’s “Cooper Camp” is a four-day introductory camp that teaches race basics through fun drills and freeskiing. The camp runs Dec. 27-30 at Cooper Spur Ski Area. Early registration is appreciated. For more information on the camp or the many other programs CSRT offers e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge