Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Turkey Trot Thursday
The annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot fun run/walk starts at 10 a.m. Nov. 22 from the Hood River side of the Twin Tunnels trail. Courses are 12k, 5k and a new 3k distance; a 200 meter kids run (free) will get the action started at 9:45 a.m. Entry fees for the run are $5 for under 18, $10 for adults or $25 for families. Proceeds benefit Mosier schools.
Box lacrosse leagues forming
Middle school boys lacrosse players are being recruited for an indoor league that will play Monday evenings starting Nov. 26 at a new indoor facility at The Dalles Fitness and Court Club. Interested players will have a chance to try indoor lacrosse at an introductory session hosted by Hood River Valley High School head coach John Munk at 6 p.m. Nov. 23 ($8 entry fee).
To register or for more information contact Cory Roeseler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for CSRT Camp
Cooper Spur Race Team’s “Cooper Camp” is a four-day introductory camp that teaches race basics through fun drills and freeskiing. The camp runs Dec. 27-30 at Cooper Spur Ski Area. Early registration is appreciated. For more information on the camp or the many other programs CSRT offers e-mail email@example.com or visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge