Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Turkey Trot Thursday
The annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot fun run/walk starts at 10 a.m. Nov. 22 from the Hood River side of the Twin Tunnels trail. Courses are 12k, 5k and a new 3k distance; a 200 meter kids run (free) will get the action started at 9:45 a.m. Entry fees for the run are $5 for under 18, $10 for adults or $25 for families. Proceeds benefit Mosier schools.
Box lacrosse leagues forming
Middle school boys lacrosse players are being recruited for an indoor league that will play Monday evenings starting Nov. 26 at a new indoor facility at The Dalles Fitness and Court Club. Interested players will have a chance to try indoor lacrosse at an introductory session hosted by Hood River Valley High School head coach John Munk at 6 p.m. Nov. 23 ($8 entry fee).
To register or for more information contact Cory Roeseler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for CSRT Camp
Cooper Spur Race Team’s “Cooper Camp” is a four-day introductory camp that teaches race basics through fun drills and freeskiing. The camp runs Dec. 27-30 at Cooper Spur Ski Area. Early registration is appreciated. For more information on the camp or the many other programs CSRT offers e-mail email@example.com or visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge