Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Turkey Trot Thursday
The annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot fun run/walk starts at 10 a.m. Nov. 22 from the Hood River side of the Twin Tunnels trail. Courses are 12k, 5k and a new 3k distance; a 200 meter kids run (free) will get the action started at 9:45 a.m. Entry fees for the run are $5 for under 18, $10 for adults or $25 for families. Proceeds benefit Mosier schools.
Box lacrosse leagues forming
Middle school boys lacrosse players are being recruited for an indoor league that will play Monday evenings starting Nov. 26 at a new indoor facility at The Dalles Fitness and Court Club. Interested players will have a chance to try indoor lacrosse at an introductory session hosted by Hood River Valley High School head coach John Munk at 6 p.m. Nov. 23 ($8 entry fee).
To register or for more information contact Cory Roeseler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for CSRT Camp
Cooper Spur Race Team’s “Cooper Camp” is a four-day introductory camp that teaches race basics through fun drills and freeskiing. The camp runs Dec. 27-30 at Cooper Spur Ski Area. Early registration is appreciated. For more information on the camp or the many other programs CSRT offers e-mail email@example.com or visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge