Tuesday, November 20, 2012
STEVENSON — Christmas in the Gorge happens the Nov. 30 to Dec. 2. Local businesses will host open houses throughout the day with holiday refreshments and sales. At 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 30, caroling begins in the Courthouse Plaza and the Courthouse Christmas tree will be lit at 6:55 p.m. Bagpipers lead the procession and the Starlight Parade starts at 7 p.m. with as many as 20 fire, emergency and large decorated vehicles. This year a 200-year old horse-drawn sleigh will also join in the parade fun. Cookies, coffee and cider will be available on Highway 14.
Nearly 100 ecumenical nativity displays from across the world are on display at a local church throughout the weekend with free admission.
Saturday morning events begin with a free continental breakfast and pictures with Santa at Rock Cove Assisted Living Center; enjoy
The bazaar is from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall at the Skamania County Fairgrounds. Santa will visit for photos. The annual cookie faire, children’s crafts and holiday book sale all take place on Saturday. Join in an old fashioned sing-a-long of carols at the Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center Museum. Skamania Lodge has a variety of special events including gingerbread house making, cocktail demonstrations and elf story time. For details, visit www.skamania.com.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge