Friday, November 23, 2012
Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets.
Disposal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday until Dec. 1.
Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City, but Hood River Transfer Station will.
Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free on Wednesdays.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge