Friday, November 23, 2012
Raise your own voice, Nov. 30 in Hood River
On Nov. 30, the Chamber of Commerce hosts the holiday kick-off beginning at 6 p.m.
Activities start with a parade and tree-lighting, with free cocoa, cookies, and Ryan’s Juice served. Parking is free starting at 4 p.m.
At 7:15 p.m. there will be caroling at Oak and 2nd streets
Professional singers will help lead everyone in caroling.
No experience necessary, and songbooks will be provided.
MUCH MORE MUSIC
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association presents VOCI in concert, Sunday, Dec. 2, 2 p.m. and Monday, Dec. 3, 7 p.m. at the Hood River Valley High School, Bowe Theater.
Selections will include music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Pablo Casals, James Mulholland, Johaness Brahms, and others.
Rounding out the program will be a performance by VOCI’s new small vocal ensemble and special guests (and VOCI members), singer-songwriter Jim MacMillan, and pianist Tim Mayer.
Donation of $10 per person or family is encouraged for this concert.
n Advent Concert Series starts Dec. 1 at Riverside Community Church, Fourth and State Streets. The RCC choir performs.
The noon concerts are free and last about one hour. They continue Dec. 8 and Dec 15.
n Mid Columbia Community Choir gives two performances of “The Night Before Christmas,” a retelling of the events leading up the Christ’s coming, combining a choir arrangement and narration, under Perry Cole’s direction.
Performances are Dec. 1 at Riverside Community Church, 7 p.m., and Grace Baptist Church in White Salmon on Dec. 2, 4 p.m.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge