Friday, November 23, 2012
Raise your own voice, Nov. 30 in Hood River
On Nov. 30, the Chamber of Commerce hosts the holiday kick-off beginning at 6 p.m.
Activities start with a parade and tree-lighting, with free cocoa, cookies, and Ryan’s Juice served. Parking is free starting at 4 p.m.
At 7:15 p.m. there will be caroling at Oak and 2nd streets
Professional singers will help lead everyone in caroling.
No experience necessary, and songbooks will be provided.
MUCH MORE MUSIC
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association presents VOCI in concert, Sunday, Dec. 2, 2 p.m. and Monday, Dec. 3, 7 p.m. at the Hood River Valley High School, Bowe Theater.
Selections will include music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Pablo Casals, James Mulholland, Johaness Brahms, and others.
Rounding out the program will be a performance by VOCI’s new small vocal ensemble and special guests (and VOCI members), singer-songwriter Jim MacMillan, and pianist Tim Mayer.
Donation of $10 per person or family is encouraged for this concert.
n Advent Concert Series starts Dec. 1 at Riverside Community Church, Fourth and State Streets. The RCC choir performs.
The noon concerts are free and last about one hour. They continue Dec. 8 and Dec 15.
n Mid Columbia Community Choir gives two performances of “The Night Before Christmas,” a retelling of the events leading up the Christ’s coming, combining a choir arrangement and narration, under Perry Cole’s direction.
Performances are Dec. 1 at Riverside Community Church, 7 p.m., and Grace Baptist Church in White Salmon on Dec. 2, 4 p.m.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge