Friday, November 23, 2012
The Hood River County School Board has initiated a plan for hiring a new Superintendent to begin service on July 1, 2013.
After holding several community meetings on Nov.14, the School Board has scheduled two additional community input sessions in order to listen to patrons and gain input and opinions in what they value in a Superintendent and instructional leader overseeing Hood River schools.
These meetings will be held Nov. 28 and will be facilitated by a team of representatives from Ray and Associates, Inc., an educational search firm based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Community members may attend either meeting:
n Westside Elementary School Library in Hood River,, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
n Wy’east Middle School Auditorium in Odell from 7 to 8 p.m.
(The Wy’east forum will have Spanish translation available).
Current superintendent Charlie Beck will serve through June 2013, completing three years with the district.
Beck notified the School Board last summer that he would not request a renewed contract. Beck had previously served with the Bend-LaPine School District.
He plans to pursue another educational position somewhere in Oregon.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge