Friday, November 23, 2012
Grim races at Nike Border Clash
Hood River Valley High School cross country star Grace Grim competed last week in one of the region’s top meets for high school runners, the Nike Border Clash. The all-star dual meet places the top runners from Oregon and Washington against one another at the Nike campus in Beaverton.
Grim, this year’s 5A state girls champion, finished the 4,400 meter course 24th overall with a time of 16:54.
“This year’s girls’ race was remarkable as both states have a wealth of nationally ranked runners,” commented coach Kristen Uhler. “Grace started the race aggressively, running with the lead pack of elite runners initially and hanging on to finish strong. Although periodic course changes over the years make comparing times a little difficult, Grace’s time for the course course would have been good enough for a top ten placing most years, but this year’s field of runners was incredibly deep.”
Grim is the fourth HRVHS runner to qualify for the event in the past 12 years.
Sign up for CSRT Cooper Camp
Cooper Spur Race Team’s Cooper camp is a four-day introductory ski camp that teaches race basics through fun drills and freeskiing, from December 27-30 at Cooper Spur Ski Area. For more information or to register send an email to email@example.com or go to cooperspurraceteam.org.
Play kayak polo at HR Aquatic Center
The Hood River Aquatic Center is again hosting Tuesday evening kayak polo from 8-9:30 p.m. Kayak, helmet, paddle and PFD required. Fee is $40 for the season or $8 at the door.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge