Friday, November 23, 2012
Seasonal creativity is on display at Hood River Library in the FISH Food Bank Turkey Coloring Contest.
Here are the winners in the five categories:
n Under 3 — Reed Silliman
n Age 3 to 5 — Ava Jones, Suleyka Ramirez
n Age 6 to 8 — Ryann Rosselle, Vanessa Juarez
n Age 9 to 11 — Kyla Zorza, Mollie Ritoch
n Age 12 and up —- Carly Wyatt, Matthew Frost and Alden Gendreau
The prizes are gift certificates to be used at Waucoma Bookstore and were donated by The Friends of the Hood River County Library.
In addition, each child who entered the contest will receive a book that was donated by the Waucoma Book Store at this time.
Everyone who entered the contest is invited to a picture opportunity by the Hood River News at 4 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 27 in the Children’s Room at the Hood River County Library.
More like this story
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
- Puff Factory to break ground in Odell
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge