Friday, November 23, 2012
Seasonal creativity is on display at Hood River Library in the FISH Food Bank Turkey Coloring Contest.
Here are the winners in the five categories:
n Under 3 — Reed Silliman
n Age 3 to 5 — Ava Jones, Suleyka Ramirez
n Age 6 to 8 — Ryann Rosselle, Vanessa Juarez
n Age 9 to 11 — Kyla Zorza, Mollie Ritoch
n Age 12 and up —- Carly Wyatt, Matthew Frost and Alden Gendreau
The prizes are gift certificates to be used at Waucoma Bookstore and were donated by The Friends of the Hood River County Library.
In addition, each child who entered the contest will receive a book that was donated by the Waucoma Book Store at this time.
Everyone who entered the contest is invited to a picture opportunity by the Hood River News at 4 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 27 in the Children’s Room at the Hood River County Library.
More like this story
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
- Kegler's Corner: Riggleman and Goss Light ‘Em Up
- Sports briefs for Oct. 14
- Strength After Breast Cancer class Oct. 25
- HAHRC Beats: Get into Gorge Happiness Month
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge