Tuesday, November 27, 2012
A big weekend approaches for Asbury United Methodist Church, near Sixth and State streets.
The congregation holds its annual bazaar on Dec. 7-8; a 10 a.m. community celebration honoring the 100th anniversary of the church sanctuary, on Dec. 8; and on Dec. 9 a worship at 10 a.m. celebrating the centennial.
The congregation has merged with Our Redeemer Lutheran Church and will close the State Street building on Dec. 30.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge