Tuesday, November 27, 2012
A big weekend approaches for Asbury United Methodist Church, near Sixth and State streets.
The congregation holds its annual bazaar on Dec. 7-8; a 10 a.m. community celebration honoring the 100th anniversary of the church sanctuary, on Dec. 8; and on Dec. 9 a worship at 10 a.m. celebrating the centennial.
The congregation has merged with Our Redeemer Lutheran Church and will close the State Street building on Dec. 30.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge