Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The deadline for turning in applications for the Elks “Most Valuable Student” scholarship is 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Hood River Elks Lodge at the corner of Third Street and Cascade Avenue.
Students attending any accredited high school in Hood River County and those who are being home schooled are eligible.
The Elks Most Valuable Student is based on SAT/ACT scores, GPA, community service, honors and awards, employment, essay and financial need. Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications online; however, applications may be obtained by contacting the Hood River Valley High School counselors office, Hood River Elks Lodge or Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
Scholarship awards start at $500 and go to $1,000 at the local level and up to $60,000 at the national level.
For more information or assistance, contact Linda Sanders at the number above.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge