Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The deadline for turning in applications for the Elks “Most Valuable Student” scholarship is 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Hood River Elks Lodge at the corner of Third Street and Cascade Avenue.
Students attending any accredited high school in Hood River County and those who are being home schooled are eligible.
The Elks Most Valuable Student is based on SAT/ACT scores, GPA, community service, honors and awards, employment, essay and financial need. Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications online; however, applications may be obtained by contacting the Hood River Valley High School counselors office, Hood River Elks Lodge or Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
Scholarship awards start at $500 and go to $1,000 at the local level and up to $60,000 at the national level.
For more information or assistance, contact Linda Sanders at the number above.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge