Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The deadline for turning in applications for the Elks “Most Valuable Student” scholarship is 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Hood River Elks Lodge at the corner of Third Street and Cascade Avenue.
Students attending any accredited high school in Hood River County and those who are being home schooled are eligible.
The Elks Most Valuable Student is based on SAT/ACT scores, GPA, community service, honors and awards, employment, essay and financial need. Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications online; however, applications may be obtained by contacting the Hood River Valley High School counselors office, Hood River Elks Lodge or Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
Scholarship awards start at $500 and go to $1,000 at the local level and up to $60,000 at the national level.
For more information or assistance, contact Linda Sanders at the number above.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge