Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The deadline for turning in applications for the Elks “Most Valuable Student” scholarship is 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Hood River Elks Lodge at the corner of Third Street and Cascade Avenue.
Students attending any accredited high school in Hood River County and those who are being home schooled are eligible.
The Elks Most Valuable Student is based on SAT/ACT scores, GPA, community service, honors and awards, employment, essay and financial need. Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications online; however, applications may be obtained by contacting the Hood River Valley High School counselors office, Hood River Elks Lodge or Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
Scholarship awards start at $500 and go to $1,000 at the local level and up to $60,000 at the national level.
For more information or assistance, contact Linda Sanders at the number above.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge