Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The lighting of the Christmas season happens in earnest this week in Hood River and Cascade Locks.
- In Cascade Locks, the 10th Annual Festival of Lights begins at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2 at City Hall. Participants will enjoy free cookies and warm beverages, pictures with Santa, ornament making, carols, and lighting of the tree.
- Columbia Gorge Hotel holds its annual Festival of Lights on Dec. 1, with the illumination more than 250,000 lights. Guests of honor at the free event will be Trail Blazer great Bob Gross of the 1977 NBA championship team, and members of the Blazer Dancers. The event starts at 5 p.m. Free refreshments will be served.
- Hood River Holiday Kick-Off happens Nov. 30, starting at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Hood River. The festival begins with the city’s holiday parade, followed by lighting of the 30-foot tree by Mayor Arthur Babitz, cocoa and cookies, caroling at Oak and Second at 7:15 p.m., led by professional singers; songbooks will be provided. Parking is free and the streets will be closed to vehicles.
More like this story
- With changes, ‘Relay For Life’ moves to marina
- Lipps resigns from CL Port
- Porch for July 2, 2016
- ‘We never cry over spilled wine’
- Tour mill and logging sites July 16
- The Ale List: Breweries wheel a tart pale collaboration
- Sports briefs for July 2, 2016
- Antique cars tour Historic Highway
- Entertainment update for July 2, 2016
- Letters to the Editor for July 2, 2017
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge