Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The lighting of the Christmas season happens in earnest this week in Hood River and Cascade Locks.
- In Cascade Locks, the 10th Annual Festival of Lights begins at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2 at City Hall. Participants will enjoy free cookies and warm beverages, pictures with Santa, ornament making, carols, and lighting of the tree.
- Columbia Gorge Hotel holds its annual Festival of Lights on Dec. 1, with the illumination more than 250,000 lights. Guests of honor at the free event will be Trail Blazer great Bob Gross of the 1977 NBA championship team, and members of the Blazer Dancers. The event starts at 5 p.m. Free refreshments will be served.
- Hood River Holiday Kick-Off happens Nov. 30, starting at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Hood River. The festival begins with the city’s holiday parade, followed by lighting of the 30-foot tree by Mayor Arthur Babitz, cocoa and cookies, caroling at Oak and Second at 7:15 p.m., led by professional singers; songbooks will be provided. Parking is free and the streets will be closed to vehicles.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge