Tuesday, November 27, 2012
This year’s Scholastic Book Fair will be held at Parkdale Elementary on Monday, Dec. 3, through Thursday, Dec. 6.
This year there will be a shop one day, buy one day schedule in effect.
On Monday half of the students will get to spend a half hour in the library browsing and writing down on their “wish lists” what they would like to buy, or have their parents buy for them. On Tuesday the other half of students will do the same.
On Wednesday, half of the students will be able to come into the library and make their purchases. Then, on Thursday the other half of the school’s students will.
Parents, family and friends can come into the library at any time during the school week or on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to do their own shopping at the Scholastic Book Fair.
The “Tai Chi for Balance” class at Mt. Hood Town Hall invites community members to join in on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m., except on school holidays or snow days.
No experience is necessary and fees are by donation.
For more information go to www.mthoodtownhall.org.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge