Tuesday, November 27, 2012
This year’s Scholastic Book Fair will be held at Parkdale Elementary on Monday, Dec. 3, through Thursday, Dec. 6.
This year there will be a shop one day, buy one day schedule in effect.
On Monday half of the students will get to spend a half hour in the library browsing and writing down on their “wish lists” what they would like to buy, or have their parents buy for them. On Tuesday the other half of students will do the same.
On Wednesday, half of the students will be able to come into the library and make their purchases. Then, on Thursday the other half of the school’s students will.
Parents, family and friends can come into the library at any time during the school week or on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to do their own shopping at the Scholastic Book Fair.
The “Tai Chi for Balance” class at Mt. Hood Town Hall invites community members to join in on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m., except on school holidays or snow days.
No experience is necessary and fees are by donation.
For more information go to www.mthoodtownhall.org.
More like this story
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge