Tuesday, November 27, 2012
This year’s Scholastic Book Fair will be held at Parkdale Elementary on Monday, Dec. 3, through Thursday, Dec. 6.
This year there will be a shop one day, buy one day schedule in effect.
On Monday half of the students will get to spend a half hour in the library browsing and writing down on their “wish lists” what they would like to buy, or have their parents buy for them. On Tuesday the other half of students will do the same.
On Wednesday, half of the students will be able to come into the library and make their purchases. Then, on Thursday the other half of the school’s students will.
Parents, family and friends can come into the library at any time during the school week or on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to do their own shopping at the Scholastic Book Fair.
The “Tai Chi for Balance” class at Mt. Hood Town Hall invites community members to join in on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m., except on school holidays or snow days.
No experience is necessary and fees are by donation.
For more information go to www.mthoodtownhall.org.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge