Tuesday, November 27, 2012
This year’s Scholastic Book Fair will be held at Parkdale Elementary on Monday, Dec. 3, through Thursday, Dec. 6.
This year there will be a shop one day, buy one day schedule in effect.
On Monday half of the students will get to spend a half hour in the library browsing and writing down on their “wish lists” what they would like to buy, or have their parents buy for them. On Tuesday the other half of students will do the same.
On Wednesday, half of the students will be able to come into the library and make their purchases. Then, on Thursday the other half of the school’s students will.
Parents, family and friends can come into the library at any time during the school week or on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to do their own shopping at the Scholastic Book Fair.
The “Tai Chi for Balance” class at Mt. Hood Town Hall invites community members to join in on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m., except on school holidays or snow days.
No experience is necessary and fees are by donation.
For more information go to www.mthoodtownhall.org.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge