Tuesday, November 27, 2012
This year’s Scholastic Book Fair will be held at Parkdale Elementary on Monday, Dec. 3, through Thursday, Dec. 6.
This year there will be a shop one day, buy one day schedule in effect.
On Monday half of the students will get to spend a half hour in the library browsing and writing down on their “wish lists” what they would like to buy, or have their parents buy for them. On Tuesday the other half of students will do the same.
On Wednesday, half of the students will be able to come into the library and make their purchases. Then, on Thursday the other half of the school’s students will.
Parents, family and friends can come into the library at any time during the school week or on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to do their own shopping at the Scholastic Book Fair.
The “Tai Chi for Balance” class at Mt. Hood Town Hall invites community members to join in on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m., except on school holidays or snow days.
No experience is necessary and fees are by donation.
For more information go to www.mthoodtownhall.org.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge