Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Angela Marie Wallis and Alexander Eugene Erzen, both of Seattle, Wash., were married July 29 at Mt. Hood Organic Farms, in Mt. Hood. Sybil Nance, of Sukha Yoga Retreats, officiated.
Attendants were Gregory Clarke, brother of the bride, and Tanya Erzen, sister of the groom. Tilda Erzen Quigley, niece of the groom, was flower girl.
The wedding celebrated local resources and sustainability, including flowers and food sourced entirely from within the state of Oregon, and wine from Hood River.
The newlyweds honeymooned in Aruba and Curacao, and will continue to live in Seattle.
The bride is the daughter of Nancy and Keith Clarke, of Hood River, and Mike Wallis, of Sandy, Ore. She is a 1998 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and received her bachelor’s degree from Dickenson College in 2002 and her MPA from the University of Washington in 2007. She currently works for King County Housing Authority in Seattle as a resource conservation manager.
The groom is the son of Bob and Sue Erzen, of Sequim, Wash. He earned his Master of Marine Affairs degree from the University of Washington in 2010 and works as waste reduction program manager for King County Solid Waste Division in Seattle.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge