Friday, November 30, 2012
The work of art “Peace Poster” signifies many things to me. To begin with, I will start by sharing what the main center of attention is.
The globe and the hands in my perspective represent the diversity all around the world and united hands represent how different cultures come to a point of unity to vanish all thoughts or feelings of racism.
I will next move on to the ribbons and the great mural of flags, which once again refers to the union between many different countries and the ribbons represent gay and straight alliance and all humans deserve respect and equality, and to promote this peace all around the world.
Finally, all the great structural building representations have their own personal significance. The Mexican “Angel de la Independencia” and “Christo Rey” in Rio de Janerio both represent the great multicultural diversity all around the world and how we all join into peace and union regardless of our religious beliefs.
The Eifel Tower and the Dubai building show the great man structures and what humans are capable of if we collaborate with teamwork.
Last but not least the World Trade Center with the black ribbon of mourning represents my great respect and sadness for all those who were lost in the attack of 9/11 and our reaching out to all their families and loved ones, and also to show how when peace is lost we don’t only lose peace itself but humanity as well.
— Vincente Rodriquez
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge