Friday, November 30, 2012
The Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program’s steering committee will meet Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. at the Mid-Columbia Fire & Rescue building, 1400 W. Eighth St., The Dalles.
Representatives from the member agencies of the counties of Wasco, Sherman and Hood River, and the cities of The Dalles, Hood River, Cascade Locks, Mosier, Dufur and Maupin will hold the meeting to discuss approval of minutes, fiscal and progress reports, budget, update/status on facilities, staffing and other miscellaneous items.
The nine governments signed an intergovernmental agreement in November 2003 to build and operate two permanent household hazardous waste collection facilities in Hood River and The Dalles, and conduct satellite collection events throughout the region. Wasco County is the lead agency.
The facilities and events collect hazardous wastes from households; businesses and institutions which are conditionally exempt small quantity generators, as well as pesticide wastes from farmers and ranchers.
For more information call the Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program at 541 506-2636.
The next household/small business hazardous waste collection events will take place Friday, Feb. 15, at Hood River Garbage Service, 3440 Guignard Road, Hood River, and Saturday, Feb. 16, at The Dalles Disposal Service.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events