Friday, November 30, 2012
The Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program’s steering committee will meet Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. at the Mid-Columbia Fire & Rescue building, 1400 W. Eighth St., The Dalles.
Representatives from the member agencies of the counties of Wasco, Sherman and Hood River, and the cities of The Dalles, Hood River, Cascade Locks, Mosier, Dufur and Maupin will hold the meeting to discuss approval of minutes, fiscal and progress reports, budget, update/status on facilities, staffing and other miscellaneous items.
The nine governments signed an intergovernmental agreement in November 2003 to build and operate two permanent household hazardous waste collection facilities in Hood River and The Dalles, and conduct satellite collection events throughout the region. Wasco County is the lead agency.
The facilities and events collect hazardous wastes from households; businesses and institutions which are conditionally exempt small quantity generators, as well as pesticide wastes from farmers and ranchers.
For more information call the Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program at 541 506-2636.
The next household/small business hazardous waste collection events will take place Friday, Feb. 15, at Hood River Garbage Service, 3440 Guignard Road, Hood River, and Saturday, Feb. 16, at The Dalles Disposal Service.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge