Friday, November 30, 2012
Jennifer Rae Bailey, 41, of Hood River, was arrested Nov. 20 and charged with theft in the first degree-aggravated, and forgery in the second degree, according to arresting Hood River Police Detective Don Cheli.
Bailey was lodged at NORCOR and posted bail the same day. Bail was set at $2,500 with a $25,000 bond.
Bailey’s charges, according to Cheli, are tied to her work on the Hood River County Little League-Baseball board of directors and alleged misappropriation of funds from the organization totaling just under $20,000.
The initial hearing for Bailey is set for Dec. 3 at 8:30 a.m. in the Hood River Courthouse.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge