Friday, November 30, 2012
Families and robot lovers of all ages are invited to watch the fun at the Columbia Gorge First Lego League (FLL) Tournaments in December. These free events will be held from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 1 and 2 at The Dalles Middle School (1100 E 12th St.) and Dec. 8 at Wy’east Middle School (3000 Wy’east Road near Odell).
These tournaments are local qualifiers for the international FLL robotics competition for kids ages 9 to 14. Winners will travel to the state tournaments in Hillsboro in January.
More like this story
- Trail help needed at Binns Hill
- Death notices for April 29: Martha Fitzgerald and Dorthalee Garrett
- Service announcements for April 29: Louis Herzberg, Sami Jo Neil and Hester Feely
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge