Friday, November 30, 2012
The Hood River County School Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 12 has been moved up to Tuesday, Dec. 4. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the district office board room. The agenda is available at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us, as well as the minutes from the Nov. 14 meeting.
After a welcome by board chair Jan Veldhuisen Virk, Ray and Associates will give an update on the search for a new superintendent, to replace current Supt. Charlie Beck, who will leave his post in June.
As always, time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public comments, limited to three minutes per speaker. Those wishing to speak are asked to sign in and request a time slot.
Other business on the agenda includes a personnel update from Human Resources Director Kevin Noreen; acceptance of donations during November; third readings of changes to expenditure reimbursement and credit card usage policies; an enrollment report by Charlie Beck followed by a continuation of discussion on school boundaries from the Nov. 14 board meeting; and closing comments by board members.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge