Friday, November 30, 2012
The Hood River County School Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 12 has been moved up to Tuesday, Dec. 4. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the district office board room. The agenda is available at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us, as well as the minutes from the Nov. 14 meeting.
After a welcome by board chair Jan Veldhuisen Virk, Ray and Associates will give an update on the search for a new superintendent, to replace current Supt. Charlie Beck, who will leave his post in June.
As always, time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public comments, limited to three minutes per speaker. Those wishing to speak are asked to sign in and request a time slot.
Other business on the agenda includes a personnel update from Human Resources Director Kevin Noreen; acceptance of donations during November; third readings of changes to expenditure reimbursement and credit card usage policies; an enrollment report by Charlie Beck followed by a continuation of discussion on school boundaries from the Nov. 14 board meeting; and closing comments by board members.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge