Friday, November 30, 2012
The Hood River County School Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 12 has been moved up to Tuesday, Dec. 4. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the district office board room. The agenda is available at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us, as well as the minutes from the Nov. 14 meeting.
After a welcome by board chair Jan Veldhuisen Virk, Ray and Associates will give an update on the search for a new superintendent, to replace current Supt. Charlie Beck, who will leave his post in June.
As always, time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public comments, limited to three minutes per speaker. Those wishing to speak are asked to sign in and request a time slot.
Other business on the agenda includes a personnel update from Human Resources Director Kevin Noreen; acceptance of donations during November; third readings of changes to expenditure reimbursement and credit card usage policies; an enrollment report by Charlie Beck followed by a continuation of discussion on school boundaries from the Nov. 14 board meeting; and closing comments by board members.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge