Friday, November 30, 2012
The Hood River County School Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 12 has been moved up to Tuesday, Dec. 4. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the district office board room. The agenda is available at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us, as well as the minutes from the Nov. 14 meeting.
After a welcome by board chair Jan Veldhuisen Virk, Ray and Associates will give an update on the search for a new superintendent, to replace current Supt. Charlie Beck, who will leave his post in June.
As always, time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public comments, limited to three minutes per speaker. Those wishing to speak are asked to sign in and request a time slot.
Other business on the agenda includes a personnel update from Human Resources Director Kevin Noreen; acceptance of donations during November; third readings of changes to expenditure reimbursement and credit card usage policies; an enrollment report by Charlie Beck followed by a continuation of discussion on school boundaries from the Nov. 14 board meeting; and closing comments by board members.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge