Friday, November 30, 2012
The Hood River County School Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 12 has been moved up to Tuesday, Dec. 4. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the district office board room. The agenda is available at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us, as well as the minutes from the Nov. 14 meeting.
After a welcome by board chair Jan Veldhuisen Virk, Ray and Associates will give an update on the search for a new superintendent, to replace current Supt. Charlie Beck, who will leave his post in June.
As always, time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public comments, limited to three minutes per speaker. Those wishing to speak are asked to sign in and request a time slot.
Other business on the agenda includes a personnel update from Human Resources Director Kevin Noreen; acceptance of donations during November; third readings of changes to expenditure reimbursement and credit card usage policies; an enrollment report by Charlie Beck followed by a continuation of discussion on school boundaries from the Nov. 14 board meeting; and closing comments by board members.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge