Friday, November 30, 2012
The Hood River County School Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 12 has been moved up to Tuesday, Dec. 4. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the district office board room. The agenda is available at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us, as well as the minutes from the Nov. 14 meeting.
After a welcome by board chair Jan Veldhuisen Virk, Ray and Associates will give an update on the search for a new superintendent, to replace current Supt. Charlie Beck, who will leave his post in June.
As always, time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public comments, limited to three minutes per speaker. Those wishing to speak are asked to sign in and request a time slot.
Other business on the agenda includes a personnel update from Human Resources Director Kevin Noreen; acceptance of donations during November; third readings of changes to expenditure reimbursement and credit card usage policies; an enrollment report by Charlie Beck followed by a continuation of discussion on school boundaries from the Nov. 14 board meeting; and closing comments by board members.
More like this story
- How to Help: Ways to give locally during the holiday season
- USDA invests $13 Million to improve healthcare in Columbia River Gorge
- Local Lure: This holiday, help your community by spending close to home
- Another Voice: County Energy Plan demonstrates leadership and resilience
- Columbia Gorge CASA welcomes new volunteers
- The Porch for Nov. 25 edition
- ‘Chicago’ preparations: Local choreographer offers dance lessons
- ‘The Little Prince’ auditions scheduled for Dec. 11-12
- ‘National Pear Month’ marked in December
- Gleaning: Where surplus and hunger meet
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge