Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge