Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge