Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge