Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge