Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge