Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge