Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pumpkin Funland opened Oct. 1 at Rasmussen Farms in the scenic Hood River Valley.
The free attraction remains open until Nov. 11.
This world of characters changes every year and is crafted with creativity and humor from pumpkins, vegetables, squash, gourds and other items from the farm and greenhouse. Free parking is available.
This year’s theme, “2012 Summer Olympics,” offers everyone the opportunity to relive highlights of this summer’s Olympic Games in London, and to enjoy the farm’s interpretation of iconic British scenes and persons.
(Some of the Royals are making an appearance!)
Just yards away from Funland is the Rasmussen corn maze, where getting “lost” is fun for all.
The theme this year is “Scouting the Gorge: 100 Years of Girl Scouts.”
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge