Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Columbia Arts needs volunteers for the inaugural Mt. Hood Independent Film Festival, Oct. 25-27.
Volunteers are needed to help in site management, publicity, day-of-event support and other tasks.
Volunteers are also needed to provide housing for film makers attending the festival.
Volunteers receive free admission to screenings, and must attend one of two orientations, on either Oct. 14 or Oct. 17.
E-mail Catherine Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to volunteer.
More like this story
- Hood River County to direct $550K for park septic fixes
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge