Saturday, October 6, 2012
The Eagles hung tough Thursday night, but the Columbia River Conference’s undefeated Buckaroos proved a little too much to handle. The 3-0 at-home loss brings the Hood River Valley High School varsity team to 5-8 overall and 4-4 in league play with four more matches in the regular season.
The Eagles led most of the opening set but had trouble pulling away by more than a couple of points. The teams alternated leads and ties at 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 points before the Buckaroos finally nailed home the winning point. The second set was a quick 25-17 loss in which HRV didn’t hold single lead. In the third, the girls trailed early but fought back to within a few points before Pendleton took the set 25-21 to win the match.
The team hosts The Dalles-Wahtonka Oct. 10 and the Hood River Valley Tournament Oct. 13.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed