Saturday, October 6, 2012
The Eagles hung tough Thursday night, but the Columbia River Conference’s undefeated Buckaroos proved a little too much to handle. The 3-0 at-home loss brings the Hood River Valley High School varsity team to 5-8 overall and 4-4 in league play with four more matches in the regular season.
The Eagles led most of the opening set but had trouble pulling away by more than a couple of points. The teams alternated leads and ties at 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 points before the Buckaroos finally nailed home the winning point. The second set was a quick 25-17 loss in which HRV didn’t hold single lead. In the third, the girls trailed early but fought back to within a few points before Pendleton took the set 25-21 to win the match.
The team hosts The Dalles-Wahtonka Oct. 10 and the Hood River Valley Tournament Oct. 13.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge