Saturday, October 6, 2012
Do you have leftover paint, chemicals and batteries piling up in your garage? Bring those leftovers to a free household hazardous waste collection event on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot at Mosier Community School.
This event is sponsored by the Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program.
The program will accept unwanted lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, oil and latex paints, oil-based stains and solvents, spray paint, pool and spa chemicals, fluorescent tubes and CFL bulbs, propane tanks, household cleaners, batteries (lithium, NiCad, alkaline) and fire extinguishers.
Small businesses may also bring their hazardous waste to the event, but they must pre-register. Businesses can download registration forms online at tricountyrecycle.com from the Hazardous Waste page under “Manage my Materials.”
Agriculture chemical waste will not be accepted at this event. Agricultural waste will be collected Nov. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Hood River, or Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in The Dalles.
For details, visit www.tricountyrecycle.com or call 541-506-2636.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge