Saturday, October 6, 2012
Do you have leftover paint, chemicals and batteries piling up in your garage? Bring those leftovers to a free household hazardous waste collection event on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot at Mosier Community School.
This event is sponsored by the Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program.
The program will accept unwanted lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, oil and latex paints, oil-based stains and solvents, spray paint, pool and spa chemicals, fluorescent tubes and CFL bulbs, propane tanks, household cleaners, batteries (lithium, NiCad, alkaline) and fire extinguishers.
Small businesses may also bring their hazardous waste to the event, but they must pre-register. Businesses can download registration forms online at tricountyrecycle.com from the Hazardous Waste page under “Manage my Materials.”
Agriculture chemical waste will not be accepted at this event. Agricultural waste will be collected Nov. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Hood River, or Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in The Dalles.
For details, visit www.tricountyrecycle.com or call 541-506-2636.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge