Saturday, October 6, 2012
Do you have leftover paint, chemicals and batteries piling up in your garage? Bring those leftovers to a free household hazardous waste collection event on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot at Mosier Community School.
This event is sponsored by the Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program.
The program will accept unwanted lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, oil and latex paints, oil-based stains and solvents, spray paint, pool and spa chemicals, fluorescent tubes and CFL bulbs, propane tanks, household cleaners, batteries (lithium, NiCad, alkaline) and fire extinguishers.
Small businesses may also bring their hazardous waste to the event, but they must pre-register. Businesses can download registration forms online at tricountyrecycle.com from the Hazardous Waste page under “Manage my Materials.”
Agriculture chemical waste will not be accepted at this event. Agricultural waste will be collected Nov. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Hood River, or Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in The Dalles.
For details, visit www.tricountyrecycle.com or call 541-506-2636.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge