Saturday, October 6, 2012
Do you have leftover paint, chemicals and batteries piling up in your garage? Bring those leftovers to a free household hazardous waste collection event on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot at Mosier Community School.
This event is sponsored by the Tri-County Hazardous Waste & Recycling Program.
The program will accept unwanted lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, oil and latex paints, oil-based stains and solvents, spray paint, pool and spa chemicals, fluorescent tubes and CFL bulbs, propane tanks, household cleaners, batteries (lithium, NiCad, alkaline) and fire extinguishers.
Small businesses may also bring their hazardous waste to the event, but they must pre-register. Businesses can download registration forms online at tricountyrecycle.com from the Hazardous Waste page under “Manage my Materials.”
Agriculture chemical waste will not be accepted at this event. Agricultural waste will be collected Nov. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Hood River, or Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in The Dalles.
For details, visit www.tricountyrecycle.com or call 541-506-2636.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control