Saturday, October 6, 2012
Enrich your child’s life by attending “Parenting Now” starting Tuesdays, Oct. 9, in Spanish and on Wednesdays, Oct. 17, in English. Both series will be held at the Hood River Early Childhood Center in Pine Grove.
These series are for parents, grandparents, foster parents and child care providers of children from birth to age 8.
Come the first night, 5:30-7:30 p.m., for an overview of the seven-week series, a free dinner, free child care and a chance to win a door prize.
“Participants will also enjoy meeting other parents who have young children,” said coordinator Nancy Johansen-Paul.
“Your children will also have a fun time with craft activities and playing in an awesome playground with trained child care providers,” she said.
Classes are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the series are:
n How to improve your child’s success in school;
n How to increase your child’s vocabulary;
n How to use positive discipline techniques;
n Effective ways to praise and encourage your child; and
n Appreciating your child’s uniqueness and talents.
The registration fee of $20 per family will be collected the second week of the series. Help with the registration fee is available.
Those who attend five out of seven sessions will receive a certificate of completion and a $20 gift card.
For more information or to sign up:
English — Janet Davis, Our Children’s Place, 541 386-1975 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Español — Maria Ledesma, 541-490-7954 or email@example.com
Details about the series can also be found on The Next Door’s website at www.nextdoorinc.org.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge