Saturday, October 6, 2012
Enrich your child’s life by attending “Parenting Now” starting Tuesdays, Oct. 9, in Spanish and on Wednesdays, Oct. 17, in English. Both series will be held at the Hood River Early Childhood Center in Pine Grove.
These series are for parents, grandparents, foster parents and child care providers of children from birth to age 8.
Come the first night, 5:30-7:30 p.m., for an overview of the seven-week series, a free dinner, free child care and a chance to win a door prize.
“Participants will also enjoy meeting other parents who have young children,” said coordinator Nancy Johansen-Paul.
“Your children will also have a fun time with craft activities and playing in an awesome playground with trained child care providers,” she said.
Classes are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the series are:
n How to improve your child’s success in school;
n How to increase your child’s vocabulary;
n How to use positive discipline techniques;
n Effective ways to praise and encourage your child; and
n Appreciating your child’s uniqueness and talents.
The registration fee of $20 per family will be collected the second week of the series. Help with the registration fee is available.
Those who attend five out of seven sessions will receive a certificate of completion and a $20 gift card.
For more information or to sign up:
English — Janet Davis, Our Children’s Place, 541 386-1975 or email@example.com
Español — Maria Ledesma, 541-490-7954 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Details about the series can also be found on The Next Door’s website at www.nextdoorinc.org.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge