Saturday, October 6, 2012
Enrich your child’s life by attending “Parenting Now” starting Tuesdays, Oct. 9, in Spanish and on Wednesdays, Oct. 17, in English. Both series will be held at the Hood River Early Childhood Center in Pine Grove.
These series are for parents, grandparents, foster parents and child care providers of children from birth to age 8.
Come the first night, 5:30-7:30 p.m., for an overview of the seven-week series, a free dinner, free child care and a chance to win a door prize.
“Participants will also enjoy meeting other parents who have young children,” said coordinator Nancy Johansen-Paul.
“Your children will also have a fun time with craft activities and playing in an awesome playground with trained child care providers,” she said.
Classes are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the series are:
n How to improve your child’s success in school;
n How to increase your child’s vocabulary;
n How to use positive discipline techniques;
n Effective ways to praise and encourage your child; and
n Appreciating your child’s uniqueness and talents.
The registration fee of $20 per family will be collected the second week of the series. Help with the registration fee is available.
Those who attend five out of seven sessions will receive a certificate of completion and a $20 gift card.
For more information or to sign up:
English — Janet Davis, Our Children’s Place, 541 386-1975 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Español — Maria Ledesma, 541-490-7954 or email@example.com
Details about the series can also be found on The Next Door’s website at www.nextdoorinc.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge