Saturday, October 6, 2012
A bi-state cooperative plan by three Gorge communities, and a field trip, will be on the agenda Oct. 9 when the Columbia River Gorge Commission meets starting at 9 a.m. in the Port of Cascade Locks Bridge Tender House #3, 355 WaNaPa St., at the west end of the Port Marine Park complex.
Here are highlights:
The first item on the agenda will be a 9:10 a.m. public comment time.
At 9:30 a.m. the Treaty Tribe Nations will have an opportunity to address the commission.
As part of the consultation process treaty tribe members may speak with the commission about any issue on the agenda or any other matter.
At 9:45 a.m., the “3-Communities Collaboration” will present a report. The communities of Cascade Locks, Stevenson and North Bonneville, Wash., will present an initial proposal and request the commission’s support for initiatives “to support vibrant, sustainable communities in the National Scenic Area.”
At 10 a.m. the commission will look at the next steps of the “3 Communities” program, and provide direction to staff.
Director Darren Nichols will give his report at 11 a.m., followed by a working lunch at noon.
At 12:45 p.m. the commission chair will assign newly appointed commissioners to serve on the commission’s subcommittees and will discuss with the commission a process for evaluating the commission’s current committee structure.
At 2 p.m., the commission is scheduled to join members of the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission for a tour of a recently improved fishing access site at Wyeth and of the tribes’ fish processing plant at the north end of the Hood River-White Salmon Toll Bridge, west of Bingen.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge