Saturday, October 6, 2012
Social media can be much more than an entertainment. For the family of Rick Cain, it is becoming a lifeline.
Cain, a recent employee of Krieg Millwork and the sole wage earner for his family, is undergoing a battle with a rare form of thymic cancer. He underwent a difficult surgery this week.
While he is recovering, friends, family and supporters from the Gorge are stepping up to help out with medical bills and family living expenses, and they are using a new, high-tech method to get funds directly into the family’s bank account.
So far, 27 people have offered a total of $3,560 toward the family’s $15,000 expenses target.
Cain’s wife, Elise Barron Cain, created a web page through the public fundraising site “gofundme.com” where supporters can read about Rick’s recovery as well and offer donations if they are able.
“It is and has been hard for us to let our community know we need help,” said Cain. “We are so grateful for the outpouring of support.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge