Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The City of Hood River will be performing street improvements on the eastside of town to Bluff Road. The city has contracted with Crestline Construction Company to construct the street improvements.
The work will consist of installing a new storm sewer collection and detention system, as well as replacing an existing out-fall pipe, new asphalt, curb, gutter and sidewalk, and replace the existing guardrail.
The work is scheduled to start Oct. 15 and be completed by Nov. 9. During construction, Bluff Road will be closed to traffic from East Third Street to East Fourth Street, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Access to the area between East Hazel Street and East Eugene Street will be limited to the upper end of Hazel off of Serpentine Street during these hours.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge