Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The City of Hood River will be performing street improvements on the eastside of town to Bluff Road. The city has contracted with Crestline Construction Company to construct the street improvements.
The work will consist of installing a new storm sewer collection and detention system, as well as replacing an existing out-fall pipe, new asphalt, curb, gutter and sidewalk, and replace the existing guardrail.
The work is scheduled to start Oct. 15 and be completed by Nov. 9. During construction, Bluff Road will be closed to traffic from East Third Street to East Fourth Street, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Access to the area between East Hazel Street and East Eugene Street will be limited to the upper end of Hazel off of Serpentine Street during these hours.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge