Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The City of Hood River will be performing street improvements on the eastside of town to Bluff Road. The city has contracted with Crestline Construction Company to construct the street improvements.
The work will consist of installing a new storm sewer collection and detention system, as well as replacing an existing out-fall pipe, new asphalt, curb, gutter and sidewalk, and replace the existing guardrail.
The work is scheduled to start Oct. 15 and be completed by Nov. 9. During construction, Bluff Road will be closed to traffic from East Third Street to East Fourth Street, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Access to the area between East Hazel Street and East Eugene Street will be limited to the upper end of Hazel off of Serpentine Street during these hours.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge