Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The City of Hood River will be performing street improvements on the eastside of town to Bluff Road. The city has contracted with Crestline Construction Company to construct the street improvements.
The work will consist of installing a new storm sewer collection and detention system, as well as replacing an existing out-fall pipe, new asphalt, curb, gutter and sidewalk, and replace the existing guardrail.
The work is scheduled to start Oct. 15 and be completed by Nov. 9. During construction, Bluff Road will be closed to traffic from East Third Street to East Fourth Street, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Access to the area between East Hazel Street and East Eugene Street will be limited to the upper end of Hazel off of Serpentine Street during these hours.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge