Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Hood River Valley High School cross country traveled to Bend over the weekend to take part in the Oxford Classic, held at Drake Park. The race brings teams from across the west and was, as coach Kristen Uhler says, “a reality check.”
The varsity boys team finished fifth overall, with Ricardo Castillo leading the team at eighth place. The varsity girls finished fifth in the Elite Division. Grace Grim led with a sixth-place finish.
Junior varsity squads finished third (girls) and fourth (boys) overall.
“We need to get focused back on why we are out for cross country,” Uhler said. “To train and race up to our absolute potential. The sign of a mature team is consistent racing and we are not there yet.”
Individual varsity highlights are as follows:
6th, Grace Grim, 19:23
23rd, Lydia Gildehaus, 20:54
33rd, Madison Freeman, 21:36
38th, Althea Dillon, 21:53
39th, Denali Emmons, 21:57
8th, Ricardo Castillo, 17:14
23rd, Miguel Cuevas, 17:57
34th, Jorge Cuevas, 18:18
36th, Juan Carlos Rios, 18:22
39th, Justin Crosswhite, 18:26
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control