Wednesday, October 10, 2012
This month, Columbia Art Gallery is partnering with the Northwest Pastel Society to host its 2012 Members’ Show.
The Northwest Pastel Society started in 1988 as a nonprofit dedicated to promoting pastel as a fine art medium. Every year, NPS hosts a members-only show, highlighting work created by members in the past year.
This year, juror Dawn Emerson selected more than 40 artists to participate in the show.
“It’s an exciting new partnership with NPS,” said Columbia Center for the Arts Gallery Manager Caroline Mead. “The quality of work is excellent, and this is the first time we’ve featured a pastel-only show. It’ll be wonderful to see so many up in the Gallery.”
Artists include Nora Lacie Abell, Cathy Arneson, Gladys Balcon, Vicki Brink, Rosemarie Caffarelli, Debra Cepeda, Laurie Crawford, Carol DeGregory, Mary Denning, Nathalie Equall, Jeannie Fine, Michael Fisher, Caroline Garland, James Geddes, Alta Godwin, Bonnie Griffith, Trish Harding, Deborah Henderson, Eileen Holzman, Amanda Houston, Gary Huber, Tricia Kaman, Joan Kinsman, Anne Knapp, Christine Knowles;
LaDonna Kruger, Paula Kuehl, Julia Lesnichy, Gretha Lindwood, Jannelle Loewen, Mary McCoy, Evalynne McDougall, Bill McEnroe, Jan Miller, Barbara Benedetti Newton, Barbara Noonan, Ryan Osborn, Kathleen Secrest, Jean Sullivan, Barbara Szkutnik, Degnega Tatyana, Jeffrey Wagner, Janice Wall, Karen Watson, Dotti Wilke and Elberta J Wood.
For more information, call Columbia Center for the Arts at 541-387-8877 during Center hours, Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. or visit www.columbia-arts.org.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge