Wednesday, October 10, 2012
This month, Columbia Art Gallery is partnering with the Northwest Pastel Society to host its 2012 Members’ Show.
The Northwest Pastel Society started in 1988 as a nonprofit dedicated to promoting pastel as a fine art medium. Every year, NPS hosts a members-only show, highlighting work created by members in the past year.
This year, juror Dawn Emerson selected more than 40 artists to participate in the show.
“It’s an exciting new partnership with NPS,” said Columbia Center for the Arts Gallery Manager Caroline Mead. “The quality of work is excellent, and this is the first time we’ve featured a pastel-only show. It’ll be wonderful to see so many up in the Gallery.”
Artists include Nora Lacie Abell, Cathy Arneson, Gladys Balcon, Vicki Brink, Rosemarie Caffarelli, Debra Cepeda, Laurie Crawford, Carol DeGregory, Mary Denning, Nathalie Equall, Jeannie Fine, Michael Fisher, Caroline Garland, James Geddes, Alta Godwin, Bonnie Griffith, Trish Harding, Deborah Henderson, Eileen Holzman, Amanda Houston, Gary Huber, Tricia Kaman, Joan Kinsman, Anne Knapp, Christine Knowles;
LaDonna Kruger, Paula Kuehl, Julia Lesnichy, Gretha Lindwood, Jannelle Loewen, Mary McCoy, Evalynne McDougall, Bill McEnroe, Jan Miller, Barbara Benedetti Newton, Barbara Noonan, Ryan Osborn, Kathleen Secrest, Jean Sullivan, Barbara Szkutnik, Degnega Tatyana, Jeffrey Wagner, Janice Wall, Karen Watson, Dotti Wilke and Elberta J Wood.
For more information, call Columbia Center for the Arts at 541-387-8877 during Center hours, Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. or visit www.columbia-arts.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge